Learn to manage the business-side of your magazine
We want to provide you with all the resources you need to launch or grow your magazine. For this reason we have various ways you can get the training you need and the inspiration to provide your readers with the best possible publication.
Focusing on the main aspects of publishing (writing, editing, management, and design) we have resources and samples in various formats to answer your questions about publishing an effective magazine.
Here are a sampling of our magazine publishing resources on management.
- Whether you want to learn how to manage your magazine or you need a tool to guide others, this manual is for you. Check out our “Managing the Magazine with Confidence and Skill” manual.
- Our DVD course is a full-length course ideal for group study or self-paced learning.
- We host six webinars a year. All of our past webinars are available on-demand, including:
- Cash flow projection: Planning for success
- Upgrade your digital and print magazine publishing models
- Working with people
- Mission drift: Protecting what matters most
- Editorial marketing in the post-truth digital era
- Worldwide trends in magazine publishing
- Journalism and the law: Fair use, permissions, and legal issues for publications
- We have recordings of sessions from a conference focused on publishing during crises. The sessions on writing/editing include:
- Leadership principles for transformational journalism
- Stay safe in a dangerous situation without an expensive security apparatus
- Coaching through crisis
- and more!
- Every other month we release an e-book. You can find all of our e-books so far in our MTI Online library.
- For our on-site conferences we come to you. We’re headed to Ghana in 2021.
- We host two in-depth online courses a year on various topics.
- Samples of everything from issue wraps to subscription billing
If you think of a management topic you would like training on, please leave it in the comments below. Thanks!