Tackle the three main areas of magazine publishing—editing, management, and design—in the five-day Introduction to Magazine Publishing course. Bring your staff and allow everyone to learn the skills necessary to work well as a publisher, editor, or designer. As a team, you will learn how to work together to create an effective publishing plan—and an influential magazine. You’ll gain the tools you need to successfully launch a magazine or update your process for a better publication.
The Introduction to Magazine Publishing course will be held in November 2022, in Accra, Ghana. The course will be presented in English with simultaneous interpretation into French
. We will follow all of Ghana’s COVID-19 requirements and restrictions.
An international team of six trainers will cover the vital principles you need to know in order to succeed in publishing, including:
- Find your readers and manage subscriptions
- Develop a business plan for your publication
- Discover how to design magazine covers that sell
- Learn the principles of spread design
- Create a magazine profile
- Develop an editorial plan for your magazine
- Find and train writers for your magazine