Use wisely the time God has given us
This is the time that the Lord has given us. Our task is to do his work in this time of coronavirus pandemic. God has given us the responsibility to speak to the church and to those outside the church. That’s what publishers, booksellers, writers and editors do.
How do we do that? God has placed us where we are and we can ask him. “Lord, how do I accomplish the job you have given me?” If we are living righteously before him, he will answer us.
- Quickly publish a tract for free distribution
- Distribute it on social media. Place it on your website.
- Create a pamphlet or short-form book. Be sure that it is relevant, interesting, well written, well edited.
- Write something that a business person or a church would like to give away.
- Print a pamphlet or booklet that is inexpensive and can be sold in bookshops and by street vendors.
- Write an encouraging article for our newspapers.
- Arrange for our authors to be interviewed on radio, television, magazines, newspapers?
- You know much more about what will work where you live than we do. You can figure out how to do it.
Use local print-on-demand services to print quickly. POD systems are operated by several of our members across the continent. In fact, the P4A system was created by one of us.
Consider: How can we apply our expertise to social media? How can we encourage the fearful? How can we inform our nation and our church how best to deal with coronavirus?
The people we serve need to hear what the Bible says! “Fear not!”
“Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God.” (John 6:68-69)
“The Lord is my shepherd. I have all that I need.” (Psalm 23:1)
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for his sheep.” (John 10:11)
We have so much comfort to share. So many reasons for living.
And the hope of eternal life. We members of Africa Speaks are in this together. So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
With love and prayer,
Africa Speaks Continuation Committee March 27, 2020