A collection of reporting resources for covering the coronavirus
As you seek to write about COVID-19 for your publication, it’s important to find new ways to discuss it, new angles to cover, and accurate, timely information. We gathered a collection of trusted resources to help you as you serve your readership with news and hope amid the pandemic.
- https://www.statista.com/page/covid-19-coronavirus Statista is a leading provider of market and consumer data. They provide in-depth research and analysis as well as graphics showing the results. This link takes you to their page with information solely on COVID-19
- https://www.poynter.org/covid-19-poynter-resources/ Poynter offers resources, tools, and fact-checking for covering COVID-19, as well as daily newsletters.
- https://www.poynter.org/ifcn-covid-19-misinformation/ Poynter also created an extensive database exclusively for fact-checking coronavirus news
- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 The World Health Organization provides reported confirmed cases, myth-busters, answer to frequent questions, and much more.
- https://ksj.mit.edu/coronavirus-reporting-resources/ MIT put together a very comprehensive list of tips and tools for reporting including reporting tips sheets, how to find reliable data, how to find experts, fact checking, visualizing data, and suggestions on who to follow for coverage.
- https://www.dictionary.com/e/coronavirus-words/?fbclid=IwAR1_9-SlUyHYBAYb6PeShIxhERJc2puBbxpnbcx75-4SHCV9m7kY5pxoMYI Dictionary.com put together a list of terms regarding the pandemic with definitions.
- https://magazinetraining.com/tag/tips-for-writing-about-covid-19/ You can also follow our blog for daily tips and resources. We will also send out a weekly newsletter regarding writing about COVID-19. You can sign up for that here.