Do you need new design inspiration?
Design inspiration can come from many different places: nature, brands, television shows, book covers, or reading books specifically about design.
Books to read
- Design: The Invention of Desire by Jessica Helfand
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative and The Steal Like an Artist Journal by Austin Kleon
- Editorial Design: Digital and Print by Cath Caldwell
Podcasts to explore
- The Observatory with Michael Bierut and Jessica Helfand
- Design Matters with Debbie Millman
- The Crazy One with Stephen Gates
Websites to see trends
These tips came from the live workshop “Spread the love: Designing delight into your opening spread,” with speaker Sarah Gordon of Christianity Today. To watch the 1-hour recording on-demand, click here.